A Wichita Falls home is left with a total of 15 thousand dollars in damage after a fire this morning.
The cause of the fire is still unknown but fire officials say it's is still under investigation.
It happened around 10 a.m. when seven fire crews responded to a structure fire at the 21 hundred block of Princeton Avenue.
Red cross volunteers also responded and will be helping with the family's immediate needs.
"We were able to provide them with temporary lodging for three days, and food and clothing," said Mark Triplett, a Red Cross volunteer.
The family says they were not home when the fire sparked.
Investigators now know what sparked a fire that caused several thousand dollars in damage
According to Wichita Falls Fire Marshal David Collins, the fire was started by an open-flame propane heater that was too close to a mattress. Collins says that fire caused about 15-thousand dollars in damage. But he says thankfully, the family did have insurance.