Two sisters and their husbands moved into a house on Ireland Street two weeks ago.
Then yesterday, they discovered they shared the house with thousands of Africanized bees.
Although the hive is now destroyed the family is still dealing with the aftermath of the bee attack.
All seems normal outside the house of Erica Jones and her sister, Kay Stone but that was not the case yesterday.
Bees living in an outside wall of the Ireland Street house went on the attack.
A bee expert was called in and killed the insects but not before stinging one of the residents.
"My sister, Kay, got stung about 400 times. The ambulance came and got her and took her to the hospital. She was in a lot of bad shape. She wasn't suppose to leave the hospital but she did," Jones says.
Jones says her husband, Ray, was stung once on the ankle.
Spaz was stung seven times but the family says its Chihuahua died after receiving more than 100 stings.
This is all that's left of the hive, which a local beekeeper says was larger then he first thought.
"I said 20 to 30 thousand bees. It was more like 40 to 50 thousand in this colony. There was a lot of bees," says David Potter, a local bee keeper.
Those bees are now gone but Potter says the family can't move back in yet.
"If you leave it in there you can have an ant infestation, roach infestation, anything. Mice will come in and eat on it so it's best to get it out. It's best to clean it up," Potter explains.
While this will soon be repaired Jones believes that will never be the case with her fear of bees.
"My whole entire life I've been afraid of them and this just like, that made it worse yesterday," says Jones.
Until the outside wall of the family's house is cleaned up and repaired the American Red Cross will help the family with food and a place to stay.