A Duncan woman is dead after a fire sparked in her home Friday night. Fire officials say the fire was reported just after 11:30 p.m. Friday at a home in the 200 block of East Spruce.
At this time, they believe a wood burning stove that was left unattended may have started the fire. The 54-year-old homeowner was transported to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Officials say she died Saturday morning.
Duncan's Assistant Fire Chief says the fire caused about $60,000 in damage to the home.